T he Pruitt Funeral Home was founded in 1889 in Moreland by George Booker Pruitt (1st Generation Owner) and his brother Meredith. In 1905 they set up a branch business in Burnside and it was operated by Horace Nicholason (Dorothy Pruitt's Grandfather). In 1909 they dissolved the partnership and Meredith went to Burnside to run that business. George Booker remained active in the funeral home in Moreland until his death in 1945. He was buried in the Pruitt Cemetery (now known as the Moreland Cemetery).